2023 U.S. Mine Salaries, Wages, and Benefits Report
For over 40 years, Costmine has conducted annual surveys of compensation practices at U.S. mining companies. This report contains the full results of our most recent survey presenting data from 28 coal mining operations and 98 precious, base and ferrous, industrial mineral, and aggregate mines in 34 states. This report features:
- Salary summaries for managerial, technical, and administrative personnel at 109 coal, metal, and industrial mineral mine and aggregate operations.
- Wage scales listed by job title for hourly workers at 126 coal, metal, and industrial mineral and aggregate mines.
- Executive compensation for over 350 Canadian and American metal, industrial mineral, and coal mining companies, traded on U.S. stock exchanges.
- Benefit plan profiles for each mine.
- Incentive bonus plan descriptions for many new and innovative plans reported by the mines.
- Statistical tables for comparing salaries, wages and benefits among union and non-union mines, eastern and western U.S. mines, surface vs. underground mines and others.
- Workers’ compensation & unemployment tax rate summaries for mining in all 50 states.
The mines included in these reports cover a broad range of sizes and types. All the mines are identified by state or regions, size, number of employees, and whether union or non-union. Mine names are not included. In past years U.S. coal mines and U.S. metal and industrial mineral mines were in separate reports.
Format: Digital PDF download