2020 U.S. Mine Salaries, Wages, and Benefits Report
This report contains the full results of CostMine’s 36th annual survey of compensation practices at U.S. mining companies. Our report includes data from 51 coal mining operations and 114 precious, base and ferrous, industrial mineral, and aggregate mines in 42 states. This report features:
- Salary summaries for managerial, technical and administrative personnel at 121 coal, metal, and industrial mineral mine and aggregate operations.
- Wage scales listed by job title for hourly workers at 165 coal, metal, and industrial mineral and aggregate mines.
- Executive compensation for over 200 Canadian and American metal, industrial mineral, and coal mining companies, traded on U.S. stock exchanges.
- Benefit plan profiles for each mine.
- Incentive bonus plan descriptions for many new and innovative plans reported by the mines.
- Statistical tables for comparing salaries, wages and benefits among union and non-union mines, eastern and western U.S. mines, surface vs. underground mines and others.
- Workers compensation & unemployment tax rate summaries for mining in all 50 states.
The mines included in these reports cover a broad range of size and types. All of the mines are identified by state or regions, size, number of employees, and whether union or non-union. Mine names are not included. In past years U.S. coal mines and U.S. metal and industrial mineral mines were in separate reports.
Format: Digital PDF download